What We Do
SWOP offers free and confidential services open to all people who engage in sex work in NSW.
- safer sex supplies; safe sex ‘workers packs’ with condoms, gloves, dams and lube which are distributed on outreach, or can be collected by workers as "workers packs" at our Surry Hills office, or purchased by cash or EFTPOS at our office.
- SWOPconnect; a peer based phone in sex work information & support service available on 02-9206-2166
- referrals to free legal advice for sex workers on sex work and non sex work matters
- safer injecting equipment on outreach and at our Surry Hills office. We have intra muscular injecting equipment for those who may require it
- employment information and support; including information for new workers and workers wishing to leave sex work or former workers wishing to return.exit We support all sex workers in all areas of the industry at all times. Call SWOPconnect to talk to us or if you wish you can arrange to come in and talk to someone about your needs and requirements.Phone 02-9206-2166.exit
- outreach to sex industry workplaces.
- urban, and
- regional and rural
- workshops for sex industry workers including safer sex and sexual health, business management, safety, laws and regulations, workshops for new workers and workshops for those looking for a second job or to find a non sex working employment and issues specific to different aspects and types of sex work
- training to other services to create a better understanding of sex worker issues. Feel free to contact us if you work for a service that would benefit from this sort of workplace training.
For more information on any or all of the above services follow the links on the page or call SWOPconnect
SWOPconnect 02 9206 2166 firstname.lastname@example.org or Freecall 1800 622 902 (from fixed line phones) during SWOP office hours.
SWOP Level 4, 414 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills; NSW 2010
Open Mon Tues Thurs Fri: 10:00–18:00 Wed: 14:00–18:00